[Lookbook 09.04.2013] Wingtips are red, outfit is brown

ADM_6179

Yes, that's a red shoe you see in the photo. You can say that I'm bored with the usual black and brown, so why not go red?

ADM_6185

The color red, especially on shoes, may be a bit too much for most guys but I do have a bit of flair for flare in me sometimes. Besides, the last pope, Benedict XVI was often seen wearing red shoes as well.

When I first saw it in a store, it was instant attraction. I got excited that it wasn't a loafer or any other casual shoe, which meant that I could wear them to work. While the shoe design may be classic brogue, I love that it's in quite an unconventional color.

Of course the next challenge was what to wear them with. I know I can easily pair these shoes with jeans or something but I wanted to go with the usual office attire, and brown proved perfect. Today I went for a combination of light and dark shades. Black and gray would be nice too, I guess.

ADM_6175
ADM_6170
ADM_6184

So what do you think, yay or nay?
____________
Shirt (Merger); pants (Tyler); red wingtips (Call It Spring); belt (Hickok).

Comments

  1. A great pair of shoes in my opinion, it is the perfect pop of color to your outfit!

    GREAT!

    Pablo
    www.fungiexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. as you said, it can be a bit too much for most guys (like me) but i give credit for those who can pull it off...

    YAY for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking posh, as you always do. Thumbs up for the shoes, they are great with this pair of trousers.
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the contrast. You really look great :) Added you on google+
    Katrina V
    http://katrinalovesfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice shirt. Is there a website that you can refer me to the brand?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler